Copyright 2017 - Nigerian Community
%AM, %27 %457 %2014 %09:%Aug

15 Year Old Boy Electrocuted To Death By Mobile Phone

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

A 15 year old boy named Junior Abia died from an electric shock while listening to music via an earpiece on his mobile phone which was plugged to a wall socket, charging.

The incident which happened at the Okesa area of Ado-Ekiti, has left the community and the family of the boy in tears.

It was reported that Junior, the second born of his parents raised an alarm, to which Chibuzor, his elder brother responded. Chibuzor rushed to the scene and was said to have looked for a long stick with which he could remove the earpiece from Junior's ears but his efforts were futile. He then raised an alarm and alerted the neighbors who swung into action immediately in the bid to rescue Junior. 

They succeeded in removing the mobile phone from the power source and rushed Junior to the hospital. Unfortunately however, the boy died before they could get him into the hospital for treatment.

Narrating the incident to Daily Sun, the mother of the diseased said that on that fateful day, Junior had helped her in preparing some rice which she sells at Okesa market before she left home. Barely two hours after she left for the market, she got news that her son had been electrocuted. She rushed back home where she met people trying to rescue him.

"We eventually removed the earpiece from his ears, unplugged the handset from the power socket and rushed him to the hospital. But he died just as we were about stepping into the hospital", she explained.

"I was told that Junior plugged the handset, which he also connected to the earpiece, into the power socket so as to charge the phone. He was also using the earpiece connected to the phone to listen to some music on the phone".

The grieving mother added her son would have survived if help had gotten to him on time.

Junior's body was committed to mother-earth three days after being confirmed dead. The mother said that all his pictures, clothes, and every other thing that could bring back memories of him have been removed by the family.

It would be recalled that on Thursday, August 7, the Minister of Communications Technology, Omobola Johnson, who was represented by Ngozi Ogujiofor, a Deputy Director in the ministry, said the mobile phone was one of the most dangerous devices of communications and cautioned the public on the risks associated with the use of mobile phones.

Read 1040 times Last modified on %AM, %27 %491 %2014 %10:%Aug
Login to post comments
f t g m